- Low level software development from drivers to application-specific middleware and communication stacks for IoT applications
- Planning and managing software applications from inception use and designing detailed plans to ensure and test the firmware functionality
- Preparing and creating instructional technical documentation for firmware code and operation and support the applications and prototype installations
- From hands on design of mock-up and early PoC samples across Field Testing and mass production design and validation
Essential Technical Skills
- Hands-on experience (3-5 years) in low level driver development using Embedded C, bare-metal coding on Arm Cortex-M0+ microcontroller e.g. using Zephyr OS
- Experience in embedded system design, implementation, integration, review and testing
- Knowledge in (ultra) low power operation modes and developing firmware for peripheral I2C/SPI, UART etc.,
- Proven experience and knowledge in working principles of Wi-Fi Modules (ESP8266), BLE (4.2/5.0) (BlueNRG, nRF52)
- Experience in firmware validation and debugging (JTAG/SWD Debuggers and GDB)
- Familiarity with IAR IDE & Firmware-Over-The-Air Update (FOTA)
- Familiarity with embedded operating systems, SDKs and Maker Platform (e.g. FreeRTOS, nRF SDK, ESP-IDF)
- Fluent in spoken and written English language.
- German knowledge is a plus.
- High interest in formal development processes and an understanding of professional industrial product requirements and solutions.
- Excellent conceptual, coding and planning skills with joy to work with other professionals within and outside the engineering sector.
- Very good interpersonal skills and taking initiative in interacting with customers and team members.